22.08.2011
Text:
Photo: SSBN
Yury Dolgoruky.
SSBN Yury Dolgoruky failed to carry out test launch of ballistic missile Bulava due to short circuit occurred on board the sub, told an informal source to .
During preparation for SLBM
Bulava launch, a short circuit happened on board SSBN
Yury Dolgoruky on Aug 20 which led to fumigation of a compartment. In the context of the accident, it was decided to postpone the test launch.
According to official information released by press service of
Sevmash shipyard, the launch failed because of power supply breakdown in one of the sub's systems. The submarine was returned to the yard in order to find out and analyze the failure's reason.
"In this particular case, there are no complaints about the missile. All pre-launch checks proved that
Bulava was ready", reports
Vzglyad citing a source at
Sevmash.
Recall that Russian Navy Commander-in-Chief Vladimir Vysotsky earlier told that four test launches of ballistic missile
Bulava would be conducted till the end of 2011.
The first launch from standard platform – SSBN
Yury Dolgoruky – was held on June 28 within the framework of the missile's flight development tests. The launch was evaluated as successful, although informal sources say
Bulava's warheads failed to reach assigned targets. Prior to that, all
Bulava tests had been conducted by SSBN
Dmitry Donskoy specially refitted for that purpose.